Thursday, March 10, 2005

Jackson Trial: Truth is Weirder than Fiction

Who writes this stuff? I haven't had this much fun since the O.J. trial. The irony and bizarre never stops!

The Pajamas--A Freudian Slip--and a Bad Pun
Think about it. The guy wore his pajamas to court. To the same court that is trying him for molestation of a child. A child who is to appear on the witness stand again today...and sink Jackson's ass.

I can imagine my back acting up too, especially if I had to face the rest of humanity. Put the jammies on, and everyone will think I'm crazy. Better crazy than found out as a pathological pediphile who belongs in jail. Maybe the jammy thing is an attempt to either intimidate or pacify the accuser. Did Jackson wear those when the kid was molested?

He's a strange, strange man.

The victim, some kid who's survived cancer and an abusive home, seems to be rising above it all and claiming his own right as a person. He is said to stare down Jackson, then return calmly and politely to tell his side of the story.

Then there's the Blake Trial
The owner of Vitello's, the joint where Widower Blake took his missus for a quick bowl of pasta the night she was wacked, appeared at trial last week. Meanwhile, the jury is in deliberation now, and we've yet to hear just who killed Blake's consort.

Flash back six years. My sister and I attended a play in L.A., after which we met the family at Vitello's for dinner. It wasn't gourmet, nor was it warm, but the tab was big and I was annoyed. Nothing makes me pricklier than cold afterdinner coffee. That tastes bad. But, to avoid any unplesantness, I paid the $600 bill and left a fair tip.

As we were leaving, Vitello, ciggy hanging out of his mouth, asked how everything was. "The coffee could have been better..." I said.

As the filial entourage came out, one by one they reported, "He called you a bitch."

I guess one of his fave clients is Garry Marshall and his family. I bet they get real good coffee.

Back to the Real World
Democracy continues to fight through the apparatchiks in the middle east. In his inaugural message President Bush conveyed to new democrats has been taken literally. If it's a helping hand you want from America, we will help you.

Just When I Wasn't Looking
I got published in a local rag, "The Bugle," with a circulation of 78,000. Although I haven't been picked up by a national publisher, I'm happy. I'm very happy to be writing still, even with my new venture ahead. I hope to balance life a bit.

Thanks for the read.



No comments: